I am exhilerated for this new chapter of my culinary life as the Host of Savor Dakota. A show that is produced by SDPB. We will be shooting Season 2 beginning July 2017, to air in January of 2018. It utilizes both my theatre and culinary backgrounds.
My experience has been varied and intensive in both urban and small market environments. I am excited to be involved with our 2017 SD Local Foods Conference which will be taking place in Spearfish, SD, November 2rd, 3rd and 4th. I am thrilled to announce Deborah Madison as our keynote speaker. Phaidon is coming out with America The Cookbook which includes recipes from the 50 states. I represent South Dakota with three recipes. Pre order now thru Phaidon or check out your local book store October 7th, 2017.
- Savor Dakota, SDPB; host and part creative consultant to a four episode show that aired beginning 7/14/2016. Season 2 begins filming July 2017 to be aired January 2018.
- The Potted Rabbit, Rapid City, SD; Creator, Chef/owner; Developed the concept, design, and Implementation of this unique specialty food store, bakery and cheese shop.
- The Corn Exchange Bistro, Rapid City, SD: Creator, Chef/Owner of this highly acclaimed and successful farm to table bistro in Rapid City, SD
- Seasons, Brooklyn, NY; Chef, developed and implemented all aspects of the menu.
- Review from New York Times Restaurant Critic Eric Asimov Feb/1996
- Home Restaurant; NYC, Sous chef under David Page/Barbara Shinn
- Henry’s End, Brooklyn, NY; Line-Sauté’ under Mark Lahm, Executive Chef
- Roetele A.G., NYC, Sous chef under Chef Gianni Cicinelli
- Le’ Petite Ferme, NYC; Stagiaire/Sous Chef
- Allison on Dominick, Pastry chef under Chef Tom Valenti
- Gage & Tollner, NYC; Line-Sauté’ under Chef Edna Lewis
- CBS Magazines, NYC, Woman’s Day Specials/Editorial Business Manager
- James Beard Foundation/Volunteer NYC– Meet the Author Series; coordinated chefs with the release of their new cookbook and prepared an event at foundation; some of the authors included were Craig Claiborne, Jacque Pepin, Eileen Yin Fei Lo, Nika Hazelton, Julia Della Croce, Judith & Evan Jones, Jim Fobel and Barbara Kafka. I also volunteered to help chefs prep for their event which included Mark Miller, Prue Leith & Sarah Nop, Christopher Kump & Margaret Fox.
- Freelance work includes recipe creating/testing, catering, personal chef and food styling. Some clients include – Absolut Vodka NYC, Christopher Ranch Garlic CA, Art Space NYC, Dean & Deluca NYC, The Food Group NYC, Annemarie Huste NYC, Mary Cleaver NYC, Brooke Astor, NYC, Alison on the Beach Hamptons, Culture Magazine, Tom Daschle & Tim Johnson Campaign fundraisers and Xanterra
My career highlights include:
- America The Cookbook, published by Phaidon out 10/7/17 representing South Dakota
- Three time semi-finalist, Best Chef Midwest, The James Beard Foundation 2008, 2009& 2012
- James Beard Awards 2008 Gala Reception Featured Chef
- Featured Chef for March 2012 dinner at The James Beard House, NYC
- One of three Chefs chosen for Alaska Wilderness League to visit Washington D.C. to meet with senators and congressman on saving the last Alaskan Watershed for Wild Salmon
- Receiving a Madeleine Kamman Scholarship through WCR to study privately with her for a week Along with three other women chef recipients at her home outside of St. Helena, CA.
- 4 day busmen’s holiday at Zuni Café 01/2002 Chef Judy Rodgers
- During my 15 years of running The Corn Exchange restaurant, I have been in over 20 different National Publications. Some of that have been: Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Food & Wine, Budget Travel, Better Homes & Gardens, Food Arts, Culture Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Rachel Ray Magazine & $40 a Day with Rachel Ray/Food Network Show, ELLE and Cowboys & Indians.
- 1989 Graduate of The French Culinary Institute in NYC. (now The International Culinary Center)
- Performing Arts Degree from Casper College, Casper Wyoming 1983.
Continuing Education Classes:
- Lydie Marshal NYC, Paula Wolfert NYC, Prue Leith & Sara Nop NYC, Kate Hill 2006 week in Gascony/France with FCI Alumni Group, Artisan Cheese Festival 2010 CA, Macaroon & Donut/Fritter Class at FCI NYC, Faye Hess 2014 week in Tuscany/Umbria Italy, Neals Yard Dairy Cheese & Wine Pairing 2015 London, Marmalade & Confitures January 2016 with June Taylor San Francisco.
- My culinary travels have taken me to London, Paris, Rome, Buenos Aries, Uruguay, Amsterdam, Lisbon and most major cities in the U.S.